Nexat and Amazone Launch Mega Spreader for Precision Farming

Nexat GmbH, in collaboration with renowned German manufacturer Amazone, has unveiled an innovative fertilizer spreader designed specifically for the Nexat tool carrier. After a rigorous six-month development phase, the prototype underwent practical testing this spring, showcasing its advanced features and capabilities.

At the heart of this cutting-edge spreader is the Amazone TS spreading unit, which hangs at the rear of the Nexat implement carrier’s frame. This unit boasts two spreading discs, allowing for impressive working widths of up to 54 meters. Noteworthy technologies integrated into the TS spreading unit include precise border spreading systems like AutoTS and ClickTS, as well as the innovative ArgusTwin and WindControl systems. These technologies autonomously adjust the lateral distribution of fertilizer, taking into account external factors such as wind speed and direction.

Mounted on the Nexat’s C-shaped support frame are two hoppers on each side, each boasting a substantial capacity of 10,000 liters. Combined, these hoppers offer a total tank capacity of 20,000 liters, equivalent to approximately 5,283 gallons. These hoppers, adapted from Amazone’s trailed spreaders, ensure efficient and effective fertilizer spreading operations.

Nexat, which stands for Next Generation Agricultural Technology, continues to revolutionize farming practices with its versatile implement carrier. With a 14-meter-wide frame between the wheels or tracks, the Nexat tool carrier facilitates the implementation of Controlled Traffic Farming systems. This approach minimizes soil compaction by restricting traffic to only 5% of the field surface, leaving the remaining 95% undisturbed.

One of the key advantages of the Nexat tool carrier is the ability to conduct operations such as fertilizer spreading earlier through permanent traffic lanes without compromising soil health. This early spreading capability can significantly impact crop yields and overall farm efficiency.

In addition to the collaboration with Amazone for the fertilizer spreader, Nexat has forged partnerships with other prominent implement manufacturers. These partnerships include Dammann for a spraying module featuring up to 72-meter-wide spraying booms, Väderstad for soil cultivation and seeding modules, and Wienhoff for a turf injector. Furthermore, Nexat has developed its own harvesting module, equipped with two axial threshing systems and a spacious 30 cubic meter grain tank, complemented by a cutting unit from Geringhoff.

The innovative solutions offered by Nexat, in conjunction with leading manufacturers, are reshaping modern agriculture by enhancing efficiency, productivity, and sustainability. As the agricultural industry continues to evolve, collaborations like the one between Nexat and Amazone are crucial for driving innovation and meeting the demands of a rapidly changing world.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top